– Tell me please, why did not the top athletes take part in competitions for Championships that held in Shymkent recently?
– This decision was taken by our board of coaches as they have only recently participated in the Asian Games, also held in Astana in the Grand Prix. For example: Eldos Smetov became a champion in the Asian Games in Astana in the Grand Prix, and as you can see he is a little tired. Aybek Imashev planned to participate in the weight category above his category, but unfortunately he hurt his arm in Abu Dhabi, so he needs to recover. And Timur Bolat also has an injury, and Sergei Lim had a surgery. The next year, there is still a great match and the Olympics, so they are given a rest.
– In the national championship Ykybaev Dastan fought for 81 kg weight category, has he finally changed it?
– No, only in the national championship he will participate in the new weight category.
-How is preparation of Asset Akhmetzhanov? He could not show himself in the national championship, could he?
-Yes, that time he performed in Abu Dhabi. I thought that it would be as great as in the Grand Prix held in Astana, but unfortunately he could not show himself. Did nothing. Not psychological, not physical.
– How do you estimate Essen Samatov’s ability? Does he fully transferred from junior team to the men’s national team?
– Last year in the World Championships he was second among youth. And in Astana Grand Prix showed his best. And with Kirill Voprosov fought the good fight, keep winning “Wazari”, but unfortunately lost. Despite this, he will show himself in the future. We think that it will be 90kg weight category fight. In December, will be held training in Kyrgyzstan, there will be our pride Islam Bozbayev in the category of 90 kg.
– As we know Ruslan Abdirazakov’s tactics always well evaluated by our fans in social nets? How is his preparation now?
– He has just changed his weight categoty. He has to adapt to it. Sometimes he loses his strength, for example he could not show his best in Astana Grand Prix. Although he could manage it in the World Championships that held in Russia in a team competition, he became a medalist of the World Championships. So we give an opportunity to all athletes to take part and to get to the list of 22 athletes in the world rating, we hope that they will cope it.
– According to the information a lot of athletes such as Asyl Barmenov could not get any prize in the Championships in Shymkent, so what is difference between “Kazaksha kures” and judo?
– Best athletes of “Kazaksha kures” like Aybek Nugymanov, when facing to judo they started to be insecure and lose it, at the end the get warning. In contrast judokas behave more active and consequently win it. In my opinion he will show himself as a good sportsman. Asyl Barmenov also was slow. And in this kind of sport man should be fast- it is the main thing.
-How are you going to sort the athletes to Rio-de Janeiro Olympics in 2016?
– First of all to be in the list of 22 top athletes. Even though they will take part in 7-8 competitions, there will be the decision of 5 license fights, and after that we will make election. To win the license one has to be placed in each competition
– Are you satisfied with all of your athletes?
-Aybek Imashev was so close to the victory in Russian Championships. But when fighting for the third place with Takota used the tactics “ippon”, anyway he had “wazary”. When he was choking his opponent the time was over. I regret that Ertugan Torenov could not place third. In my opinion he did not have enough experience in such big level as the World Championships. But they promised to get good results next time. Just Maxim Rakov and Sergey Lim performed well in the international levels before, but now we have other athletes who make their best in such events. Another sportsman as Bolat Timur in the World Championships bout lost to Uzbek athlete, but did very well in a team competition. He is in the way of Maxim Rakov, I should notice one more sportsman as Yerzhan Shynkeev who was a bronze medalist in last Asian Championships, unfortanutely in Asian Games placed seventh, although he could do better.
– What is your next plans?
– There will be trainings in Kyrgyzstan in December, on 7-12 January –educational- training works is going to plan. On 20-22 February is organizing a competition in Dusseldorf, top athletes number 1-2 will take part.
How can you evaluate your work at the end of the year?
– The last word is after the chief. I think XVII Asian Games we could reach our goal completely. We were set targets to get one gold, one silver and one bronze. So for the first time in the history of Independent Kazakhstan: Eldos Smetov (60 kg) got a gold, Maxim Rakov (100 kg) got a silver and Azamat Mukhanov(66 kg) received a bronze. And Aziz Kalkamanuly due to the referees’ mistake placed fifth. In a team competition we placed second, and it is a good achievement. In completion there was a press conference, they invited representative from Korea, because they placed first, Japanese and us. During press conference Japanese head coach expressed his mind about our performance as follow: “Judo is our national kind of sport, but anyway I am very happy that Kazakhstan achieved high level, and they rose for one level upper than we are.”
Your wishes to your fans at New Year …
– Thanks a lot to my fans for their support. May peace to our country, health and good luck. Let make happy our fans with a great number of gold in 2015-2016. My heartily gratitude to the president of Judo Federation Rakishev Kenes Khamituly and to the head of the Combat and Strength Power Confederation of Kazakhstan Kulybay Timur Askaruly. As soon as we came back after Asian Games the medalists were rewarded, one got an apartment, and another one was gifted by car. If they keep supporting and motivating athletes, they will perform themselves much better.
– Thanks for your interview, good luck in your future competitions!!!!